  From: James Simmons <jsimmons@edgeglobal.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 09:05:03 -0500 (EST)

Re: I got the Creative Labs position! (offtopic:Linus)

James Simmons
Linux System Admin
EdgeNet Inc.
jsimmons@edgeglobal.com
http://www.edgeglobal.com/~jsimmons

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Rowan van der Molen wrote:

> I suggest a Kernel FORK. I'm not a fan if FORKS (since I know what the word
> stands for ;) but I do know that it might be the solution for many problems
> in this case.

No need. A comprimse was made.95% of the kernel guys support the new
purposal. Now accels will be handled threw /dev/gfx. Also because it
doesn't make it into the kernel mean its over. The patch can be
distributed from other sources. Thats the beauty of OpenSource.