  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:12:25 +0100

Re: LibGGI on Frame Buffer (Permedia 2)

Sven LUTHER wrote:
> please know that this problem is due to glibc2.1 not automatically
> including errno.h. Since i think lots of ggi people are still using
> glibc2.0, they will not get an error on this kind of stuff. I also
> wrote this, not only to close the bug, but to make people aware of
> this problem.

Well, in most cases Glibc 2.0 doesn't include errno.h either.
Actully this particular case is a bug in Glibc2.1 -
pthread_mutex_trylock() is defined to return EBUSY when the mutex
is already locked. This is a pthread API component and has nothing
whatsoever to do with errno, so the requirement to include errno.h
is a brokenness IMHO.

> > > Also i got another problem now, when compiling ggi stuff, it complains about
> > > not finding -lgii ? why is that ? it was compiled just before ? or is it
> > > possible that you are using some old -lgii already instaled at compile time ?
> >
> > You must install LibGII before you can build LibGGI.
>
> as i am compiling debian packages, it is not possible to do so, ...

If you are compiling debian source packages that someone else built
they are broken. If you are creating binary debian packages yourself
I see the point however. We should probably add a --with-uninst-gii
flag to the LibGGI configure script.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se