  From: Sven LUTHER <luther@maxime.u-strasbg.fr>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 13:03:46 +0100

Re: LibGGI on Frame Buffer (Permedia 2)

On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 03:33:10PM +0000, Marcus Sundberg wrote:
> Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > ok i will do it, but i had to change it in only one place (in gii, dlptlock.c,
> >                 file ggTryLock, EBUSY was used but not defined.)
>
> Please, if you are running a snapshot always get the very latest
> snapshot before reporting any bugs. That has been fixed already.
> It's very good that you report these things, but if you're using
> an old snapshot we have no way of knowing if it is fixed or not in
> the current tree.

i was trying to compile latest debian package, not snapshot.

please know that this problem is due to glibc2.1 not automatically
including errno.h. Since i think lots of ggi people are still using
glibc2.0, they will not get an error on this kind of stuff. I also
wrote this, not only to close the bug, but to make people aware of
this problem.

> > Also i got another problem now, when compiling ggi stuff, it complains about
> > not finding -lgii ? why is that ? it was compiled just before ? or is it
> > possible that you are using some old -lgii already instaled at compile time ?
>
> You must install LibGII before you can build LibGGI.

as i am compiling debian packages, it is not possible to do so, ...

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER