  From: Aaron Van Couwenberghe <vanco@sonic.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 20:11:23 -0800

Re: FYI: 3d infrastructure under consideration for X

On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 08:27:45PM -0700, Sengan Baring-Gould wrote:
> Precision Insight is working on a 3D infrastructure
> for X and Mesa under contract to RedHat:
> http://www.xfree86.org/majcontrib.html#pi
>
> Might be worth taking seriously.
>
> Sengan

When will RedHat realize that frontends to X *are not* the long-lasting
answer?? It will be importable, slow... etc. WTH do they insist on utilizing
this monolithic white elephant when they've got GGI to tinker with?
	Personally I believe any display library that uses a proprietary
backend for accel is useless. They're forgetting that not everybody uses X.
Or they don't care about others.

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..vanco@sonic.net.. ..aaronv@debian.org....
	Berlin:			http://www.berlin-consortium.org

Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. -- Seneca