  From: Steve Cheng <elmert@ipoline.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 22:14:53 -0500 (EST)

Re: GGI config problem

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Jeff Bachtel wrote:

> Actually, it looks more like that the autogen.sh in degas/lib should be
> run, and not the autogen.sh in degas/lib/libggi.

That script will disappear shortly.  If you're using the CVS tree you should
run ./autogen.sh on whatever you want to build.

While I'm at it, if anyone wants their library's autogen'ed in the snapshots
automatically add its name to the file degas/lib/autogen.dirs and commit.

> I'll grant that the CVS is for developers, and probably isn't best suited
> for dabblers like I, but was this instruction listed somewhere that I
> completely missed it? The more I can look up, the less I have to ask other
> people :)

Well, we've been yelling to people that they need
autoconf,automake,libtool,etc.  but apparently we forgot to say that to
actually use those tools you should use the autogen.sh :)
I'll add that too to the web pages and the degas/lib/README.requirements now.

--
Steve Cheng

email: steve@ggi-project.org
www: <http://shell.ipoline.com/~elmert/>;