  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 23:12:36 +0100 (MET)

Re: LibGGI on Frame Buffer (Permedia 2)

Hi !

> Just for reference (and no, I haven't been able to give it an extensive
> test), the latest permedia2 kernel diff's _do_ work on a firegl 1000 pro,
> at least to the extent of showing a penquin on bootup.
>
> Now...is there anything cool that can be done with a working fbcon device?
> :)

Yes. Build and install LibGII and LibGGI. then go to lib/libggidemos, type
make and then run:

./3d ../libggi/programs/demos/demo ../libggi/programs/demos/flying_ggis \
     ../libggi/programs/demos/stars XGGI nixterm ggidoom

The last three programs can be fetched from ftp.ggi-project.org .

You'll get something very cool IMHO.

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =