  From: Jos Hulzink <josh@stack.nl>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 16:35:44 +0100 (CET)

Re: STB and S3 tech specs

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Hartmut Niemann wrote:

> > > In the mean time, what is the current top choice for linux friendly
> > > 3D accelerated cards that we DO have specs for?
> >
> > I know you can get the full specs for Matrox cards. Any others?

Matrox Milennium 1 + 2, This driver is supposed to work rather well
  already.
S3, All cards, though VLB and ISA cards are hard to program for fbcon.
  ViRGE driver works fine on some cards, won't run on others. Other
  drivers are outdated.
Cirrus Logic, old cards are documented well. Newer cards are a problem
Hercules, ET,Western Digital: Depends on the card.

Not documented:

* nVidia (Riva chipsets): Viper 330/550 and compatible cards. nVidia sucks

* Creative Labs (we got someone working there on binary only drivers)

* most other cool cards :(.

Greetz,

Jos