  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 10:17:10 +0100 (MET)

Re: noew libraries in degas?

Hi !

> I don't know if I've missed something, but two new libraries seem to have
> appeared somewhat recently in the degas repository. Namely libgic and
> libwmh. I was just wondering if someone could give me a *very* brief syopsis
> of the golas of these?

O.K. - As both are "my fault", I'll give a synopsis:

LibWMH means Lib for Window Manager Hints.

It handles stuff like moving, resizing and z-ordering Windows that happen to
contain a GGI visual.

For now this only works on the X target, but it can be extended to any target
which runs on top of a windowing system.

It might one day be integrated with Libgws

LibGIC means Lib for Generic Input Configuration.

It is supposed to make Descent/Forsaken style configuration so easy,
that noone should ever consider doing something else ;-).

This is very much in flux right now. Andrew and I are hacking it.
We'll announce, when we have something that is ready for public testing.
Hacker types are still welcome to browse the sources and see if we
do something horribly wrong ...

CU, ANdy

--
Andreas Beck              |  Email :  <Andreas.Beck@ggi-project.org>