  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 20:54:55 +0100 (MET)

Re: XGGI and console switches?

Hi !

> 	Anyway, what I need help with is specifically how to make XGGI act
> as a nested X server running on the GGI X target. Just invoking plain XGGI
> results in 'there is already an active display on display 0' or something
> similar.

That one is pretty simple. "XGGI :1" . The X server tries to open as display
:0.0 by default, which is already used by the server it is running on.
When you start the third one, you can choose which server is the "host"
by either GGI_DISPLAY="x::1/0" ./XGGI :2 or DISPLAY=":1/0" ./XGGI :2 or
if I remember correctly ./XGII -display :1/0 :2 should aslso work

> 	Oh, yeah, and is there a way to make XGGI run while gpm is on? Or is
> the gpm<->X cooperation proprietary?

The simplest way to do this IMHO is to set GPM in repeater mode with -R.
That will make it output a "pseudo-mouse" in some file (/dev/gpmdata IIRC).

I would then link /dev/mouse to that and tell LibGGI about the format
which is MouseSystems. It's a good thing to do anyway, as you will have
to change only one configuration, if you swap mice (though it looses
stuff like the wheels).

CU, Andy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =