  From: Steffen Seeger <s.seeger@physik.tu-chemnitz.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 15:45:13 +0100 (MET)

Re: I have seen the stars... at Creative!

> * It is Creative policy not to discuss products while they are "in the
> pipeline".  The result of this is that I can't discuss which drivers for
> which chipsets will be released when, and what I am working on at any
> given time (other than 'normal' GGI stuff).  Sorry about that, but that is
> the way it has to be.  Do not mail me, my boss or anyone else at Creative
> asking for any such info.  We cannot provide it.  I will do my best to see
> to it that no work duplication problems arise because of this.  If any
> disclosure of "sensitive" (NDA or otherwise) info needs to be made to GGI
> coders or any other third parties that may for whetever reason need to be
> brought into the loop, that will be handled on a case-by-case and
> need-to-know basis.  I'll probably actually be somewhat silent on KGI
> driver issues for a few months on the list.

I tend to understand this policy. And I will respect it. However, if there
is anything that might be about 'going wrong' let me know in private mail
what the thing in question is.

> * Steffen, I didn't get to download and look at the new KGI sources but I
> will next week when I start coding.  Sorry about lagging like that but
> this week was nuts.  I need to familiarize myself with James and
> Fabrice's fbcon patches too.

A new snapshot is just in place.

http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~sse/ggi/degas-990208.{tar.gz,diff.gz}

Console switching somewhat works now,
so it should be enough to examine a somewhat working system.
Let me know your address at CL to send the P2 sample code to.

			Steffen

----------------- e-mail: seeger@physik.tu-chemnitz.de -----------------