  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 08:33:58 +0000

Re: Console Drivers -- Question Re: Linux 2.2 series

becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:
> make a kernel with fbcon support. Compile in _all_ renderers, do _NOT_
> compile in any fbcon driver from the kernel (like VESAfb).

Actually just compiling in VESAfb is no problem. I always leave it
compiled in for testing purposes. As VESAfb doesn't get activated
unless you tell the kernel at boot time this is no problem.

But all other fbcon drivers enabled by default, so if you need any
of them you should compile them as modules.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se