  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 14:27:57 -0800 (PST)

Re: Anyone looking for a project for ggi?

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Hartmut Niemann wrote:

> On lwn I found this:
>   http://www.cs.utah.edu/projects/flux/oskit/
>
> Have a look, and if you have the time, see whether we could make
> the GGI console the native console of this OS project!?

	Do you mean Flux or the OSKit?  Flux's source has not been released
yet and the OSKit isn't really an "OS".  If you mean integrating GGI Console
into the OSKit as a COM module, that'll take quite a bit of work to do
correctly.  IMHO, GGI Console shoould be made to work correctly on Linux
first before trying to port it to the OSKit.  Also, the OSKit's Linux parts
were taken from 2.0.x, so GGI Console may not be portable at all to the OSKit
until it is merged with 2.2.  That merge is being talked about on the OSKit
mailing list, but AFAIK it isn't imminent.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
	- Scientist G. Richard Seed