  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 22:33:42 +1100

Re: Problems with Linux_kbd & 2.2.0-pre9 (fwd)

Steve writes:

>  On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Andrew Apted wrote:
>
>  > One important case is when the program has forked another process
>  > before that piece of code is executed.  Please try that, IIRC that was
>  > the thing that spoilt my day :->.  What could possibly do that, you may
>  > ask ?  Ponder the fact, that the emu targets use mansync, and SYNC mode
>  > is the default...
>
>  I don't even know if the proposed code works, but you could just call it
>  before doing mansync stuff.

Yeah.

>  If mansync is loaded already or program has
>  forked, etc., it won't work, but so what, mansync doesn't work all the time
>  either.

I really prefer something that works all the time, and hate the idea
that a programmer may do something quite unrelated to LibGGI (like fork
off a process) and LibGGI stops working properly, but that's just me.

>  Besides, what happened to the idea that we use a suid program
>  (linux-specific, not libggi) to change console first before running a libggi
>  app --

Like "open -s XGGI" ?  I had forgetton about that.

>  -- Oops, SUID is a bad word, right? :-)

'round here it is :).

Cheers,
                                               \  /