  From: Steve Cheng <elmert@ipoline.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 22:21:45 -0500 (EST)

Re: Problems with Linux_kbd & 2.2.0-pre9 (fwd)

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Andrew Apted wrote:

> One important case is when the program has forked another process
> before that piece of code is executed.  Please try that, IIRC that was
> the thing that spoilt my day :->.  What could possibly do that, you may
> ask ?  Ponder the fact, that the emu targets use mansync, and SYNC mode
> is the default...

I don't even know if the proposed code works, but you could just call it
before doing mansync stuff.  If mansync is loaded already or program has
forked, etc., it won't work, but so what, mansync doesn't work all the time
either.  Besides, what happened to the idea that we use a suid program
(linux-specific, not libggi) to change console first before running a libggi
app --

-- Oops, SUID is a bad word, right? :-)

--
Steve Cheng