  From: Evan Martin <txs@concentric.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 00:17:22 -0800

A script to fix execute bits

This may be too slow... I may be spoiled by my fast computer.
The functionality of fixbits could be added to this, but I'm
not sure exactly _what_ fixbits does that this doesn't... ?

This relies on the fact (?) that all files that should be
executable begin with "#!/path/interpreter".

--cut here--
#!/bin/sh
# fix execute bits, by Evan Martin <txs@concentric.net>

for file in $(find . -type f); do
        if head --lines 1 --quiet $file | grep --quiet '^#!'; then
                echo $file # print something, else user will think it
locked
                chmod +x $file
        else
                chmod -x $file
        fi
done
--cut here--

BTW, should I send contributions as attachments instead?

--
Evan Martin - http://e.x0r.ml.org - txs@concentric.net