  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : evstack@ontv.com
  Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 22:52:02 +0200 (MEST)

Re: multi adb keyboard

Hi !

> i am trying to find the best jumping off point to get multiple independent
> console logins. imagine multiple users running x on monitors all
> connected to one machine...

I haven't followed GGIcons for a while (jason has so nicely adopted and
taken care of my baby, so I really don't have to worry ... ;-), but

> i have reservations about starting with ggi-console because it seems like
> it might come with too much baggage. the dev kernel has fb support in it
> so multiple output devices already work fine... ideally i'd like to use
> ggi-console but not have to get kgi recognition for every possible
> graphics adapter under PPC, either by having kgi *just* use the fb device
> and not care what's underneath (ultimately running xggi x server) or just
> use the existing fb device (ultimately running XF68_FBdev x server).

For this I can speak.

The current LibGGI features an fbdev target, which allows any LibGGI
application to run on the framebuffer-device.

So it should be a non-issue, if you do output via some traditional fb
driver or a KGI driver.

Regarding KGI drivers: We have made it possible to wrap them up to
imitate a native fbcon driver. That means: you just go via the fbcon
interface no matter if it uses a KGI driver or some other driver.

However I do not know, if the current LibGGI works together with GGIcons.
Should be a trivial matter to fix, if it doesn't.

CU, Andy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =