  From: James Simmons <jsimmons@edgeglobal.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 10:50:11 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Accelleration: A summary

> 	Absolutely.  As soon as I can get some time to hack KGIcon some more,
> one of the first items on my list of things to add/port is the PP buffer
> stuff (well, after the essential management facilities, of course).  It will
> be nice to see accels scream on KGI drivers.

 It would be nice to add PP buffer to KGIcon but I was told that mixing
accel handling with /dev/fb would not be accepted but handling accels with
a second driver (/dev/gfx) would be. Even this will be tough to get pass
linus but with enough press from other kernel developers which back me it
would get in.