  From: Martin Lexa <mlexa@atlas.cz>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 21:51:04 +0200

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New ViRGE driver

Niklas Höglund wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 09:22:43PM +0200, Martin Lexa wrote:
> >   Yes, I know what do you mean. There are2 solutions to solve this:
> >   1) for 24/32 bpp: in ramdac code go to line 177 and insert this:
> >     virge_streams[22].data = 0xc000;
> >     then go to line 181 and insert this:
> >     virge_streams[22].data = 0x10000;
> >
> >     It will probably work only ViRGE (dx, gx). This is not fully solved,
> >     because I wait for Jos permission to do this.
> >
> >   2) Reduce vertical refresh rate of your monitor (60 Hz will do the
> > work).
>
> I tried solution 1. It made things better, but the effect still shows
> up on modes >= 800x600x16, 640x480x24 and 650x400x32. Are 0xc000 and
> 0x10000 values that I can experiment with (lower), and can I insert a
> similar line for 15 and 16 bit?
  If you can wait Ill make a patch if you cannot wait look in xfree
source code. Search for FIFO slots. Yes, you can insert some lower
values
(again look in xfree or wait ;-) ) But rember this will not solve the
problem. You have to decrease the vertical refresh rate of your monitor.
Try to use values as you have when you start X.
  I don't know if there is a proper way to calculate Vert. ref. rate
for some resolutions and depths. Jos or somebody else?

> --
>                                                 Niklas

Bye, Martin
		[E-mail: mlexa@atlas.cz]