  From: James Simmons <jsimmons@edgeglobal.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 21:56:00 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Anyone used/using linear-4 sublib

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anyone used the generic-linear-4 sublib, ie ran LibGGI in a
> mode with GT_SIZE == 4?
> Reason I'm asking is that the pixels ares swapped when using it
> on matroxfb, so I need to know whether I should simply fix linear-4
> or make a new linear-4_r sublib. Anyone know what the most common
> layout for 4bpp modes are? High nibble right or high nibble left?

Nope. You also have to consider if people are going to use vfa16fb for
fbcon. That framebuffer layout is in the old VGA 640x480 16 layout. I
don't remeber what that layout use to be since its been so long. So a
special vga16-linear-4 will have to be built. Anyone remeber the format to
vga16 4 bit anymore?