  From: Stephane Dalton <lorsteph@bigfoot.com>
  To  : GGI Development <ggi-develop@eskimo.com>
  Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 22:59:12 -0400

Problem running ggi...

Hi

I've checkout ggi from the CVS and get compiled and installed without
problem.

But when I decided to give it a try by compiling and running the demos
found in libggidemos, I rapidly run into problems. The only thing I get
out of it is a beautiful segfault...

So I add -g swith to the CFLAG of the Makefile demos and ran gdb against
it to find that the problem is when opening the display in a ggiOpenVL
(or kind of sorry it hangs my machine completely so I've lost the debug
info!!!)

So here's my config Mandrake 6.0 (modified RedHat 6.0) kernel 2.2.12 and
glibc 2.1 a Matrox Millenium II card.

I saw in the documentation that there's a drop in replacement for
SVGAlib is it needed in order to get better results than a segfault.

Any help appreciated...

| Stephane Dalton 		- Software Projects Engineer	|
| Visuaide			- Victor project		|
| 				- email: lorsteph@bigfoot.com	|