  From: Andreas Beck <becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 20:04:23 +0200

Re: VC Switching

> But it would be possible to make that a compiletime choice. Either get
> that extra speed or be sure you can always switch virtual terminals.
> (On bad cards that would be: "Either get no extra speed or be sure ...")

Could we stop that thread ? It is a kernel issue, and as we currently do not
deliver kernel patches, we have to live with what we have.

So it this thread belongs somewhere, then on linux-fbdev or the KGI list.

For LibGGI this is a non-issue. As long as there exist targets that require
redraw, LibGGI apps are required to be able to redraw to be fully compliant.

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =