  From: James Simmons <jsimmons@edgeglobal.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:15:30 -0400 (EDT)

Re: VC Switching

> 	It could easily be.  Just have fbcon-kgi.c trap the VT switch and
> *not let it happen*!  Instead, switch to another "virtual VC" and keep the
> kernel mapped to VC1.  We should be able to implement our own system on top
> of fbcon-kgi.c, perhaps even Steffen's KGI console subsystem.

With the current system yes. But with the 2.3.x patch I developeed no. The
console switching stuff was all moved out of the drivers into fbcon.c. I
have plans to move that up and out of the console code. Also with the
new system fbdev does not allow VC switching when you open("/dev/fb").
Only for fbcon.