  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 06:35:04 +0000

Re: Svgalib Wrapper

Philipp Gühring wrote:
> When I try to start my ggi program in a svga-capable textconsole, I
> get:
> GGI_DISPLAY=(null)
> display-fbcon: Couldnīt open Framebuffer Device ...
> SVGAlib target called from the SVGAlib wrapper! Terminating.
>
> When I set GGI_DISPLAY to svga:
> GGI_DISPLAY=svga
> SVGAlib target called from the SVGAlib wrapper! Terminating.
>
> What do I have to do to get ggi programs running with the svgalib?
> I tried seejpeg in the same environment, and it works, so svgalib
> canīt be the problem. Or?

Like the message says you are trying to use the svgalib target on
the svgalib wrapper.

The svgalib target lets you run LibGGI applications on top of svgalib.
The svgalib wrapper lets you run svgalob applications on top of LibGGI.
Combining them obviously won't work very well. If you want to use the
SVGAlib target you have to use a real SVGAlib.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se