  From: Philipp Gühring <e_source@enemy.org>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 02:38:13 +0200

Svgalib Wrapper

>I can't reproduce this, and the palemu target hasn't changed since
>before 2.0beta2. What version do you have of relevant libs?
I already found that problem.
Now my program is running in 8-Bit X and Palemu without problems.

>printf("GGI_DISPLAY=%s\n",getenv("GGI_DISPLAY"));
>if((vis=ggiOpen(NULL))==NULL) return 0;
>if(ggiSetGraphMode(vis,320,200,320,200,GT_8BIT)) return 0;
>printf("Grafikmodus ok.\n");

But there is another problem:

When I try to start my ggi program in a svga-capable textconsole, I
get:
GGI_DISPLAY=(null)
display-fbcon: Couldn´t open Framebuffer Device ...
SVGAlib target called from the SVGAlib wrapper! Terminating.

When I set GGI_DISPLAY to svga:
GGI_DISPLAY=svga
SVGAlib target called from the SVGAlib wrapper! Terminating.

What do I have to do to get ggi programs running with the svgalib?
I tried seejpeg in the same environment, and it works, so svgalib
can´t be the problem. Or?

Many thanks for all the help,
--
~ Philipp Gühring              p.guehring@poboxes.com