  From: Aaron Van Couwenberghe <vanco@sonic.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 21:00:51 -0700

Re: Question about mesa 3.1

On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 06:48:46PM -0700, Jon M. Taylor wrote:

[snip]
> [snip] VA Linux Systems is
> not too popular with a lot of people right now, as you can probably imagine.
> Nevertheless, both the GLX and Mesa projects have agreed, after public
> apologies by the VA Linux people involved, to let VA continue to host their
> CVS, WWW and mailing lists.  As a Mesa developer myself, I am not real happy
> with that decision, but Brian (the Mesa project leader) seems to feel
> confident that VA will make good on their promise to do things right this
> time.  I certainly hope so.

Just for the record, several of Debian's servers (including Debian's web
server) have been run by VA for some time now without a hitch. Every time
there has been a crash, we've been back up in a matter of hours.

Personally I adore VA for their amazing contributions to the opensource
community: they employ a number of Debian developers full time for Debian
work, and host the majority of openprojects.net. And they probably do more
that I'm not aware of.

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..vanco@sonic.net.. ..aaronv@debian.org....
	Berlin:			http://www.berlin-consortium.org

There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count and
	those who can't.