  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@gaia.ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 12:18:11 -0700 (PDT)

Re: Question about mesa 3.1

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Aaron Van Couwenberghe wrote:

> To anyone who knows, but specifically Jon -
>
>   A while back I tried building the Mesa CVS sources, targetted at GGI. At
> the time, it failed. I've been gone for a while, and I'm just curious about
> its status.

	It worked the last time I checked.  Mesa's CVS has been FUBARed
along with the rest of openprojects.net for the last few weeks though, so
I have not built it recently.

>   Also, is this version being designed to work with the KGI 1.0's 3d accel
> framework?

	Not sure what you mean here - KGI 1.0 (0.9?) doesn't really have a
"3D accel framework" per se.  It has configurable command FIFOs, if that is
what you mean.  GGIMesa's KGI target is being designed to handle command
FIFOs generically, regardless of whether the FIFO back-end is ioctls,
ping-pong buffers, direct access to a hardware FIFO, KGI 0.9 FIFOs, etc.

Jon

P.S. It turns out that my legal worries about Uwe's code in GGIMesa may
have been unfounded - it is all LGPL, so as long as ggimesa.c and
ggiglut.c are compiled into seaparate .o files and only linked to the
rest of Mesa and GLUT respectively, it should all be OK right?  I hope so
- I'd really like to see you be able to update the .debs....

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
	- Scientist G. Richard Seed