  From: Andreas Beck <becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 02:03:15 +0200

Re: Ping-pong buffers on KGIcon are here!

> > No. The application does not know, what is acceled and what not.
> Driver libraries do or should, though.

NO. They do neither. A linear-* lib does not know, if some as-well-loaded
genkgi module will e.g. accel drawline and thus its own function will never
be called.

> LibGGI would kind
> of suck if you had to call Flush between each primitive because some of
> them write to the MMAP and some use the accel engine :).

Right. That has to happen automatically. And IMHO it should do the same for
DB vs. primitive, but I'll wait for Marcus' answer on that, as he might have
data on the 3dfx stuff or something that says that would really suck badly.

CU, Andy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =