  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 21:46:05 +0000

Re: Ping-pong buffers on KGIcon are here!

Brian S. Julin wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Marcus Sundberg wrote:
> > Demos included in LibGGI and applications which I maintain (XGGI,
> > Frodo, ggisyna and LinuxDoom/Heretic) are fine.
>
> Slimy is fine.  It uses no primitives, just pure DB access,
> but seems someone put the acquire in it anyway.  That is,
> unless SetPalette() counts, if so it needs to release/acquire
> around the palette rotation.

Acquire/Release has nothing to do with whether you use LibGGI
primitives or not. If acquireing the DB is necessary you have to
do it regardless, and you have to release it before you call
ggiFlush().

The normal application cycle would look like this:

while (!quit) {
	do_stuff()
	ggiResourceAcquire();
	draw_to_db();