  From: Tristan Wibberley <bloater@ps.cus.umist.ac.uk>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 21:00:44 +0100

Re: XFree86 + GL & GGI ?

On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 04:10:31PM +0200, Andreas Beck wrote:
> Hi !

[snip]

> > Sorry for the poor english.
>
> You are kidding - right ? I have found only two slight glitches which might
> very probably have happened to me as well. I've seen native speakers making
> more mistakes ;-).

That's 'cos we don't care ;) It's my language, and if I want to misuse
it, I will ;)

Seriously though, there are a lot of different dialects, especially in
the UK and USA - As a second language, most people are taught either
Oxford English (my own) or whichever US dialects appear on Sesame
Street :)

Unlike many western langauges, there are no guardians of the language -
it is not prescribed - this causes many problems.

eg, this Yorkshire saying is (believe it or not) English:

See all, 'ere all, say nout,
Et all, sup all, pay nout,
If thasever does out for nout,
Tha does it for th'sin.