  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 22:54:06 +0000

Re: Ping-pong buffers on KGIcon are here!

Andreas Beck wrote:
> > GGI already can flush the accel queue and check for accel busy
> > with the current API (as soon as Marcus's system is all the way
> > implemented in the new PP code.)  I don't see what change would be
> > necessary -- ??
>
> API-wise none. We should check our internals and demos, though. Few lock
> down the DBs I suppose.

Demos included in LibGGI and applications which I maintain (XGGI,
Frodo, ggisyna and LinuxDoom/Heretic) are fine.

Functions in the generic-linear-* libs call the macro PREPARE_FB(vis);
before actually accessing the DirectBuffer, so we should only need to
change that macro if we wantto use the linear libs together with
accelerated functions on broken hardware.

Other than that I don't think any current code will be affected.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se