  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@gaia.ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 15:17:17 -0700 (PDT)

Re: Ping-pong buffers on KGIcon are here!

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, Andreas Beck wrote:

> How do you handle the locking with the framebuffer ?

	Right now I just spin_lock() in the kernel |->.  But when I get
around to implementing a real solution which does not involve blocking all
of userspace, I will do it the same way that Marcus' fbdev code does - by
using the accelidle handler.  As fas as KGIcon is concerned, there are a
lot of ways I could go.  select() on /proc/kgi/kgicommand might be the
easiest, we'll see.  A better solution, involving no locks at all, would
be to fault the process to sleep if it touches the framebuffer whilst
accels are still being processed....

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'