  From: Denis Oliver Kropp <dok@fischlustig.de>
  To  : clanlib@dark.x.dtu.dk, ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 15:59:06 +0200

Linear Source Blits

Hi to ClanLib and ggi,

I got a G400 yesterday and tested ClanBomber with ggi-on-fbdev.
I got 160fps, on a TNT I got 140 with flickering.

Then I hacked ggi/fbdev/mga to use linear source for ggiCopyBox.
	sint32 ar5 = w; /* instead of = virtx; */
Now ClanLib writes the sprites etc. linear into the framebuffer and blits from them.

The result: 586fps! with correct graphics!

What about adding this handy thing to ggi?
ggiLinearBlit( ggi_visual_t, uint fbmem_source, uint dx, uint dy, uint dw, uint dh );

It uses fbmem_source as blitsource for mga chip, uses WriteFrame with the given coordinates
for the source.

--
Denis Oliver Kropp (dok)
+ Fischlustig +

ClanBomber, the kick ass game that uses kick ass Clanlib.
www.fischlustig.de/clanbomber	www.clanlib.org

Justice, n.:        A decision in your favor.