  From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 06:43:28 -0400

Re: GGI and XFree86 and stuff

Jos Hulzink wrote:
> We discussed this before. Trying to see all S3 cards as one big family is
> not done, for the chips differ far too much, so it would make the code
> unreadable.

Not if it is well-written.  I think it can be properly virtualized, and
that there is enough common elements to make it worthwhile.  ViRGE is
not likely be supported; it is already well-supported and also less like
other S3 chips.  I do have a ViRGE card so I was considering playing
around with getting 3D GLX going on it.

	Jeff

--
Entropy requires no maintenance.