  From: Rodolphe Ortalo <Rodolphe.Ortalo@cert.fr>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 11:02:12 +0200

[KGI] Detection of PCI device

Hello,

I have one user for the Cirrus Logic 546x driver which had problems
with the PCI device detection the driver does. It seems the way
I did it is now rather deprecated (I use the pcibios_find_device(...)
function). But this is a guess; could you tell me what is the right
way to detect a graphic chipset on the PCI bus now and point me
to a driver which does it this way ?

Anyway, it seems I should update my driver a little....

[in chipset/; S3/8696x.c or S3/virge.c seems to have pretty complete
functions...]

Rodolphe