  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@gaia.ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 19:49:14 -0700 (PDT)

Re: GGI and XFree86 and stuff

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Hello GGI guys :)
>
> Is anyone working on a wrapper that will allow XFree86 4.0 drivers to be
> built from the existing KGIcon interface?

	The wrapper would probably go around SUID-KGI, not KGIcon.  KGIcon
is meant for wrapping the _fbdev_ interface around KGI drivers, and as
such is heavily kernelspace-dependent.  SUID-KGI is already designed to
run KGI drivers in userspace, so I imagine that it would take considerably
less work to bridge to the XFree86 4.0 driver API.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
	- Scientist G. Richard Seed