  From: Brian S. Julin <bri@tull.umassp.edu>
  To  : Michael Gersten <michael@stb.info.com>
  Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 10:57:22 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Accels and /dev/gfx.

On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, Michael Gersten wrote:

> When you say that VC switching will be disabled on open(/dev/fb),
> are you saying that I can choose between virtual consoles and
> text mode, or a single console and the penguin logo? (And high
> refresh -- much more important).

You'll still be able to switch between VCs, just when you open the
/dev/fb file to run a graphic mode app the VC is frozen and you
cannot switch from it.  You can still use fbset to torque up the
refresh rate on the VC's, since it closes /dev/fb when it is done.

The frozen VC stuff is going to get on my nerves rather fast,
but it's a good way to simplify development and focus on the drivers
for now.

--
Brian