  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@gaia.ecs.csus.edu>
  Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 03:14:17 -0700 (PDT)

KGIcon updates committed

	New stuff:

* The new /proc/kgi subsystem is in place.  All KGI-specific stuff goes
here from now on so we can keep the fbdev interface nice and clean (and
separate).

* GC mapping has been moved from the old MMAP_TYPE hack on /dev/fb into
/proc/kgi/gc.  LibGGI's genkgi helper has been fixed to reflect this.

* fbcon-kgi.c will now build device trees on the fly in
/proc/kgi/graphic[n].  If the KGI driver builds a linked list of
kgi_mmio_regions properly, each will be mapped to
/proc/kgi/graphic[n]/[buffername].  Most KGI drivers only map the linear
framebuffer, but my Savage4 driver maps the following buffers: front,
back, two texture, z, stencil and vertex.

	These changes have been tested against my Savage4 driver and the
CL546x Laguna driver from CVS.  Please test them against your setup if you
can.  My next steps will be to add ping-pong buffer handing via
/proc/kgi/kgicommand and to enhance the contex mapping so I can map a 3D
context.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'