  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 02:42:44 +1000

Re: libggi doc changes

Steve writes:

>  More I've missed.
>
>  # The buffer size needs to be at least w*h*sizeof(ggi_pixel)
>
>  (referring to get/put buffers.)
>
>  Do we say "w * h * (ggiGetPixelFormat()->size+7) / 8" instead?
>  Sounds complicated... :)
>
>  Or w*h*sizeof(ggi_pixel) is "good enough" ?

IMHO not really (I guess this goes back to the bad old days when
get/put buffers were opaque).

Probably "w*h*pixel_size" bytes where pixel_size is given by the above
equation or (GT_SIZE(mode.graphtype)+7)/8.  At least for unpacked
buffers (packed buffers can be requested using GT_SUB_PACKED_GETPUT
graphtype flag, although nothing implements them yet).

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/