  From: Steve Cheng <elmert@ipoline.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:48:48 -0400 (EDT)

Re: ggi man page & info [Re: kgicon troubles]

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Wouter Scholten wrote:

> Btw 2: What abput that man page for ggi? I don't give a toss about
> dvi/ps/html etc. Programmers need man pages and nothing else (for
> functions at least). Therefore I suggest scrapping sgml for the libggi
> doc and putting it in the man page (or pages when it gets too big for
> one page). You only need to know a few commands to make man pages so
> it's easy to update man pages after changing something in the API.

SGMLtools 1.1.x uses DocBook (which is much better designed) and GGI
documentation will later use that too.  I don't know if SGMLtools can
generate manpages from DocBook though, but the spec explicitly has support
for it.

--
Steve Cheng

email: steve@ggi-project.org