  From: Steve Cheng <elmert@ipoline.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 18:07:59 -0400 (EDT)

Re: kgicon success report

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Andrew Apted wrote:

> >  After the program
> >  exits, the terminal maybe messed up (cured by `reset'),
>
> Contains the last graphical junk ?  Again, fbcon should notice the
> change from KD_TEXT -> KD_GRAPHICS and redraw the screen.

Not just that.  Characters aren't echoed anymore in bash prompt and you get
a "staircase effect" if you press return.  Maybe the app crashed and fbdev
doesn't restore termios ?  (At least much better than the svgalib
situation.)

> >  and the console text
> >  becomes blue (cured by VC switch).
>
> Now that's weird.  I assume you're in 8 bit mode ?

Probably.  Didn't try any mode setting.
Will try again later.

--
Steve Cheng