  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:16:32 +0200

Re: svgalib target

teunis wrote:
> it does - for 16-colour support + other tricks :)
> I would -really- like to add some more support too for things like
> paged-mode and svgalib acceleration....  I have -never- liked libvgagl...
> (found it highly inefficient in many spots and easier just to rewrite.
> AFAIK libGGI could handle it :)

Well, just don't overdo it. Kgicon/GGI Console will hopefully make
SVGAlib obsolete soon ;-)

> > That's odd... Paged svgalib modes works perfect for me here, as
> > does modeX modes. What are you trying to run on the target?
> > And you don't have the SVGAlib wrapper installed, do you? ;)
> > There used to be a check trapping when you try running the svgalib
> > target on the wrapper, but this is currently disabled to make
> > the target work with SVGAlib 1.3.0
>
> Turns out to be two causes:
>         1. I've got "linear" turned on but my card refuses linear mode
>                 (so GGI mixed up....)
>         2. I've got svgalib-1.2.11.... *grin*

Well, I suggest you upgrade to at least 1.2.13, as that's what I
initialy wrote the paged/modeX support on. (1.3.0 seems to work
fine too)

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se