  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:15:11 -0700 (MST)

Re: svgalib target

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> teunis wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, teunis wrote:
> > > ahh....  so how would I load this helper?
> > > It's simple enough to modify svgalib target :)
>
> By your comment below I assume you noticed that it doesn't need
> modification. ;)

it does - for 16-colour support + other tricks :)
I would -really- like to add some more support too for things like
paged-mode and svgalib acceleration....  I have -never- liked libvgagl...
(found it highly inefficient in many spots and easier just to rewrite.
AFAIK libGGI could handle it :)

> > > [am thinking of adding 16-colour support too :]
>
> That would be great! 1- and 4-bit modes just gave all-white screens
> when I tried them, that's why they're disabled.

Easily enough done.  Had them working in my own code - now to just get
around to it :)
[w' support for any 1bpp/4bpp mode svgalib supports.  There's some
weirdness there that involves a wee bit of hacking around but the demos
for svgalib show how to fix :]

> > There's something definitely broken here somewhere.  Still tracking.
> > I'm getting a seg-fault somewhere in svgalib's target under
> > non-linear-access...  (display-X works fine so I know it's not anywhere
> > else :)
>
> That's odd... Paged svgalib modes works perfect for me here, as
> does modeX modes. What are you trying to run on the target?
> And you don't have the SVGAlib wrapper installed, do you? ;)
> There used to be a check trapping when you try running the svgalib
> target on the wrapper, but this is currently disabled to make
> the target work with SVGAlib 1.3.0

Turns out to be two causes:
	1. I've got "linear" turned on but my card refuses linear mode
		(so GGI mixed up....)
	2. I've got svgalib-1.2.11.... *grin*

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis