  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 14:15:45 +1000

Re: I have seen the.. boot logo!

Andrew Apted writes:

>  I compiled the kgicon driver into the kernel and booted.  The penguin
>  logo looks good (it no longer scrolls off the screen in a eye-blink
>  like the last time I saw it with vesafb).
>
>  This is what I did, (hopefully I don't forget something important) :

I did forget something, adding CONFIG_PCI_CONSOLE=y to
/usr/src/linux/.config just before typing `make'.

Those procedures I mentioned are pretty arcane, so how about if I set
things up properly (adding CONFIG_FB_KGI for example to video/Config.in)
and put a patch file into the repository ?

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/