  From: Sengan Baring-Gould <sengan@seqnet.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 20:45:11 -0600

Re: Anyone managed to get XF68_DEV to work?

Sengan Baring-Gould wrote:

> I'm trying to get XF68_DEV to work so that I have some graphics modes to
> test,
> but it goes through in X's normal way and deletes all the high modes
> (fair enough).
> But then I get the message after it set its FontPath that it's using
> theXF86Config
> video mode database and removes all the other modes, terminating with
> the complaint
> that no modes were found.

Replaced that by a "default" and now it complains that it does not know
aboutthe VGA device I get returned to me by fbset -i:

mode "default"
    # H: 31.469 kHz, V: 69.930 Hz
    geometry 640 400 640 3264 4
    # RGB is 6:6:6 with offsets 0:0:0
    timings 39722 40 24 39 9 96 2
endmode

Frame buffer device information:
    Name: `VGA+'
    Address : 0xb80000
    Size : 32768
    Type : CGA/EGA/VGA Color text
    Visual : PSEUDOCOLOR
    XPanStep : 0
    YPanStep : 16
    YWrapStep : 0
     LineLength : 160
     Acceleration : None

Is the driver supposed to change these values, or am I supposed to do it
with
that fb.modes thing?

Thanks,

Sengan