  From: Steve Cheng <elmert@ipoline.com>
  Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:11:21 -0400 (EDT)

kgicon success report

Now that I got time to try kgicon again, this is just a success report to
assure you guys that kgicon actually does work :-)

Probably most recent kgicon.  (CVS this morning.)

Kernel is stock 2.1.117.

The framebuffer rendering devices were compiled as modules, but after
insmod'ing them kgicon.o will insert.

Once inserted, screen turns white with block cursor, but console responds.
A VC switch restores console contents.  Is this 'expected' behaviour?

If I try the libggi demos (great work on display-fbdev, Andrew!), the
console rendering is intermixed with the actual graphics.  After the program
exits, the terminal maybe messed up (cured by `reset'), and the console text
becomes blue (cured by VC switch).

If I try SVGATextMode with kgicon I get oops and be unable to switch VCs
afterwards.

Anything else you want me to try or more info ?

#
# .config file generated by configure
#

# monitor driver and class