  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 09:52:04 -0700 (MST)

Re: Video memory.

On Sat, 22 Aug 1998, Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> > I definately _don't_ want to open a whole GGI visual or any other heavey
> > object for each such sprite,
> > (since I have hundreds of them).
>
> As I wrote in another post:
> Requesting auxiliary buffers (offscreen pixmapstorage, z-buffers,
> sprite buffers or whatever) should be in an (or more than one probably,
> given the number of different buffertypes) extension, and these
> extensions would naturally have functions to do every possible
> operation on these buffers, such as blitting them to the screen.

Enough of saying where it should be!

Please I need some help here!  How should it *look*?!?!?!?!
[unless I have a buncha notes in front of me I don't know]
.... I know!  Unless someone says otherwise, I'll copy OpenGL :)
[support Z-buffers, W-buffers, bitmaps, bitmapsets (1.2) :]
or should it be display-Z-buffer; display-W-buffer; display-bitmap
(support >1 frame) ?????

And how should display-targets manage data?

*sigh*

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis