  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:42:59 +0200

Re: Sigh...

Andrew Apted wrote:
> The vtswitch.c, kbd.c, and mouse.c code was intended to be shared by
> both fbdev target and suidkgi target.  That means I couldn't use
> LIBGGI_PRIVATE(vis) since these two targets have different data
> structures there.

Ok, then I understand what you meant. ;)

> Also the signal handling code in vtswitch.c *must* use a static/global
> variable since, under UNIX, you can't pass private data to a signal
> handler.  (But I guess _that_ is obvious :).

Yes, quite so. :)
However, an app _must_ be able to have more than one fbdev visual
open at the same time, even if we have to use soem dirty hack.
(I don't know much about VT-switching, more than that applications
have to handle VT-switching themselves, which is stupid enough...)

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se