  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 23:37:23 +1000

Re: debugging libggi...

Marcus writes:

>  Andrew Apted wrote:
>  > OK, but it doesn't sound very scalable.  What if two extensions
>  > (assuming that's possible simultaneously) both have DBs, do we add
>  > extra fields to ggi_db_list ??  I'd prefer a tag-based approach (i.e.
>  > buffer A belongs to library B).
>
>  Yes, I've though about that too. Internal tags should not be
>  visible to applications though. How about just adding an
>  int *idtag;
>  entry to the ggi_db_list (idtag will be an array with each
>  entry corresponding to an entry in bufs) ?

Sounds OK.  I originally thought of having an array of "ggi_dlhandle *"
as tags, but then I wondered how would a sub-library actually _know_
what its ggi_dlhandle was.  By using ints, we can have a top-level
function like "_ggi_new_buftagid()" which is called by the library's
GGIdlinit() and stored in the library's vis->xxxpriv structure.

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/