  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 21:36:35 +0200

Sigh...

_DO NOT_ use static or global variables in _any_ code in
lib/libggi/display/* or lib/libggi/default/*, unless they are
strictly read-only or absolutely neccessary - even if you think
that there can only be one visual open at a time.
And they are _rarely_ "absolutely neccessary".

And in case of global variables, _always_ prefix them with _ggi
or _GGI.

I've done some cleaning up of such variables, but there's still
a lot of them. I'm not sure about about display/fbdev/vtswitch.c,
could you check it to see if anything there really needs to be
static Andrew?

Also I've removed _ALL_ warnings when compiling libggi and the
demos (except an inline warning in demos/showaccel.c), PLEASE
keep it this way now!

Could someone check if there're any warnings when compiling under
libc5?

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se