  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 21:41:47 +0200

Re: LibGGI3D RFC

MenTaLguY wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, James A Simmons wrote:
>
> > To use mmap would require heavy modification of fb.
>
> Not necessarily; I mean, the kgi drivers are in the kernel, after all.  It
> shouldn't be too hard to allocate a subcommand in the 'tunnel' ioctl that
> sets up the mmap() and/or manipulates it.  Having kernel privs, actually
> setting up the mmap() from the kgi driver isn't a problem, as far as I know.

As far as I can tell there's no need to modify fb or resort to
such things. This last entry in struct fb_ops seems to be just
what we want:

    /* perform fb specific mmap */
    int (*fb_mmap)(struct fb_info *info, struct file *file, struct
vm_area_struct *vma);

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |    E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se